The Governing Body has adopted the following policy towards charging for educational activities that are provided by the school:
- That where activities take place in school session time parents should be invited to make a voluntary contribution towards the cost of the activity on a pro-rata basis, but that a pupil should not be debarred from taking part in that activity because his/her parents cannot, or will not, contribute.
- That where activities take place outside school session time, charges should continue to be levied where appropriate.
- That any application for a full or partial remission of charges is considered by the Headteacher and Governing Body.
- That appropriate charges be made for ingredients and materials where parents have indicated that they wish to own their child’s finished work.
- That parents be required to meet the cost of any breakages and damages where this is a result of their child’s bad behaviour.